Allegra Update 4/15

Since the last post I finally finished my second painting. Below is the final, with a close up detail of the figure. The juice box was definitely harder for me to try to get it so precise and like the actual Minute Maid logo, but it was helpful in learning to be more detailed and more exact in my brushstrokes. A big thing I learned being home is how hard it is to paint when I don't have exact due dates because I always feel like I can do more with my paintings/add more detail. At a certain point, I just need to put the brush down and call it a day.




The canvas I ordered more than two weeks ago FINALLY came, so I'm going to try to get started on that ASAP to finish within the next two weeks. My brother actually had a mini projector he got for Christmas, and I borrowed that to get a drawing done on the canvas. I was very thankful to have it, even though it took me a really long time to figure it out. Here it is, even though you can barely see it..



Comments

  1. Wow, your recently completed piece looks so great. The lines are so clean and the folds of the shirt show so much technical skill, I love it! The lettering is also wonderful. It's such a cool juxtaposition to the blended background. I think I saw the reference image for your current piece before we left for break, and I'm so excited to see how the next one will turn out. This series is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how this came out! the detail in the close up is amazing, in the juice box and shirt specifically! I love how the colors in the figure have a vintage and nostalgic feeling to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail and realism in the wrinkles of the shirt and the lettering and different elements of the juice box were done so well. It doesn't just look realistic but it also has this vintage appearance, making it truly look like a cut out photograph. I also love how the innocent appearance of the child contrasts the more ominous background. I feel it really conveys your message and a sense of discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The details of the shirt and juice box are amazing! It appears to me a bit like a collage project--a combination of old pictures and oil painting. Is this an intentional visual effect?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment