I'm pretty happy with how this painting is turning out:


I think I'll probably go back in and refine the plants a bit, but it's close to being finished. I like the effect of displaying the two halves slightly separated from each other.
My second painting ended up being a lot of fun. I had my brother sit for me so I could paint him from life. I worked as quickly as I could and didn't worry much about exact color mixing or details. It's a pretty loose, sketchy piece, but I actually like the effect it produced. It was very different from how I've worked on portraits in the past, and I think it was a valuable experience to work so quickly and loosely for a change.



I think I'll probably go back in and refine the plants a bit, but it's close to being finished. I like the effect of displaying the two halves slightly separated from each other.
My second painting ended up being a lot of fun. I had my brother sit for me so I could paint him from life. I worked as quickly as I could and didn't worry much about exact color mixing or details. It's a pretty loose, sketchy piece, but I actually like the effect it produced. It was very different from how I've worked on portraits in the past, and I think it was a valuable experience to work so quickly and loosely for a change.

Comments
Post a Comment