Hello all! It took me way longer than I expected but I finally finished my painting:

I think it looks a little funkier through a camera lens than in person but overall I'm fairly happy with it and my first attempt at this kind of style.
I do plan on doing one more painting before next Wednesday. This is my reference image:

I missed my flowers, and this image carries a lot of the same themes of my first painting. The symbol itself is for Dualtone records, but I substituted more realistic looking flowers over the original cartoon-like ones. It will only be 9"x12" but I think it's a fun way to wrap up the semester. I feel like the half-figure in the frame (though he has no face) looks to be in an extreme state of confusion.

I think it looks a little funkier through a camera lens than in person but overall I'm fairly happy with it and my first attempt at this kind of style.
I do plan on doing one more painting before next Wednesday. This is my reference image:

I missed my flowers, and this image carries a lot of the same themes of my first painting. The symbol itself is for Dualtone records, but I substituted more realistic looking flowers over the original cartoon-like ones. It will only be 9"x12" but I think it's a fun way to wrap up the semester. I feel like the half-figure in the frame (though he has no face) looks to be in an extreme state of confusion.
Comments
Post a Comment