Darby Critique Update

Hi everyone,

Here is the progress I made ahead of the critique:

I used heavy body acrylics for my last painting and I ran out of blue paint so I decided to try soft body acrylics this time. I wanted my layers to be smoother because the heavy body sometimes made them chunky. The switch to soft body acrylics has made this process so much faster and I am really confident it will be finished in time. To save more time, I am going to paint the base layers without tape and will use tape to paint layers on top of the base, which is why some of the edges in the waves are messy right now.

The suggestions I got on my last update were really helpful and I am definitely going to leave the table empty besides the champagne glass/holder. I tried to remove some of the clutter from the water by making the details larger with less layers so hopefully that will help with the overall busy-ness that my sketch had.

Comments