Emma Painting update!



For my final paintings I wanted to do a series reflecting our current situation in social isolation, quarantine, etc. 

Amidst all the craziness there is a lot of good imagery coming from the world right now! Toilet paper, social distancing get togethers, etc. 

My first painting is of a corona bottle because it was the first thing i thought of and I enjoyed doing my other painting with a beer can in it, so why not try a bottle. Somewhat nostalgic as corona was always my go-to beer, now it will never mean the same to anyone. 

In my future paintings I have been playing around with more satirical ideas, such as donuts on a toilet paper holder, tissue boxes turning into clouds, etc.

Without trying to trivialize the widespread effects of this virus, I think it’s important to stay positive in these strange times and enjoy a laugh. 

My mom doesn’t like the cigarette in this one though so we’ll see if it stays.

Also I never appreciated the importance of good lighting while painting!! I did also get some paint on my wall.

Comments

  1. I love this as a series, i like the positive twist you are putting on this situation and how it is influencing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings always make me smile- love the humor and sarcasm you work into them. Also, totally agree on the lighting aspect- it's seriously a make or break

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should keep the cigarette- I think a lot of people associate them with relaxation and nostalgia even if they don't actually smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you are putting some humor into the current situation and think its a good continuation on your first painting. I really like the the brightness of the colors and it really reflects the kind of positive sentiment of the painting. Also, definitely keep the cig in the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed on what others said on how you incorporate humor into your work and think these paintings will definitely tie together with your natty light painting in that way. I really like the idea of using the toilet paper/zoom/etc imagery right now and putting a positive twist on a crazy and unpredictable situation. And also think you should keep the cigarette! Both for the symbolism mentioned and I also like how my eye reacts to it visually, it's at a different diagonal than the arm/beer so makes my eye wander around the painting more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment