Olivia Nisbet Painting #3!

Hey everyone! For my third painting, I wanted to continue with the psychedelic route that I've been exploring throughout this semester. I also wanted to incorporate elements of the hard edge prompt, though not all of it is going to end up hard as a hard edge painting.

The composition will consist of a dark, ominous mountain landscape with a single giant figure attempting to navigate through the terrain. I wanted to enlarge the figure here to emphasize the feeling of confusion and the fact that he is not where he belongs. The figure will be painted in bright pink in a stylistic way using only lines (can be seen below in the top left sketch).



I originally came up with this idea before all the coronavirus fiasco, but now that it has taken over our lives, I feel like this idea represents the painting very well. I think we all feel like we are navigating completely new territory with online classes and watching out for our health and we are just hoping for everything to go back to normal (at least I am!).

Comments

  1. This concept is super creative and combining so many different styles and artistic choices, i'm really excited to see how this comes out and see how the combination of the elements you are choosing to include come together as a composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big are you planning to go for this painting! And super excited to see how the psychedelic and mind-bending aspects of this painting come together! I like how the idea of the lines on the figure sort of looks like topographical lines as well- not sure if that's what you were going for, but it certainly lends to the metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea and I would pay extra attention to the way you pose your figure so that confusion is clear without having facial expressions. This seems like a pretty awesome way to show the power body language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting idea, its funny how it can apply to our lives now. It would be cool if you explore with some perspectives and poses for the figure, i feel like you could push how dramatic the "lost and wandering" pose and aim the point of view either from high up like the world is looking down at the figure. Or the POV looking up at the figure as if the world is resting on the figures shoulders.

    I am excited to see more sketches and how this painting progresses, the outlines are a cool idea for representing a figure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment