Update 2 Chloe Georgiades

I finally worked on my painting a little! I worked on the water and getting (almost) the rest of the reflection filled in. I still have to tweak some colors but it's getting there. I will probably finish the reflection and then try to get the hair in and then get started on my second layer. I generally take about 3-4 layers to finish a painting and am still on my first layer so I am definitely worried about time, but this transition has been pretty chaotic for me. Below is my reference photo and then the updated painting. I am not optimistic that I will be able to complete another painting considering we only have two weeks left but hopefully I will be able to complete this one.

Comments

  1. It's so cool to see how the reflection in the water came out. It looks great and blends really nicely with the different blues around it. It seems like you're getting pretty close with this piece and I'm really excited to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The progress you've made looks so good. I can't wait until you put in the hair and it really comes all together. The ripples in the water and the reflection are AMAZING, specifically around the left side around the bottom half of the face/mouth. It looks so realistic and blended in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am continually impressed with your ability to paint water realistically and just your technical skill in general. I don't know if it's intentional, but the way the lines are smoothed out a little bit in your painting is really cool. It makes it feel more ominous yet serene, more ambiguous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment