So far, this is my progress on the reference image I showed you all (see below) is pretty slow.


I'm not a huge fan of how much contrast I have going in the landscape and think I will have to go back in with darker tones. Like I expected, the color mixing has been a bit of a struggle. I am also rapidly loosing interest which is unfortunate. I usually work in a very linear way, completing one project before I move on to the next (or else I never come back to finish) but I have been brainstorming ideas for another project in the meantime. Hopefully I can finish this in the next week or I may run out of time for a final project.

I'm not a huge fan of how much contrast I have going in the landscape and think I will have to go back in with darker tones. Like I expected, the color mixing has been a bit of a struggle. I am also rapidly loosing interest which is unfortunate. I usually work in a very linear way, completing one project before I move on to the next (or else I never come back to finish) but I have been brainstorming ideas for another project in the meantime. Hopefully I can finish this in the next week or I may run out of time for a final project.
i LOVE this. it's coming out amazing.
ReplyDeleteLOVING the vibrancy of the colors in the landscape! The red tones are great, but I agree some darker tones might help with depth. Maybe waiting till you have more coverage could help you figure out where they should go.
ReplyDeleteThis piece looks great so far. The lines are so crisp and I like how each block is really distinct from another in color. I agree with Hannah, I definitely like the more vibrant style of your painting in comparison to the original photo, but I could see how slightly darkening certain areas might help differentiate the path from the cliffside a little bit.
ReplyDeleteThis is turning out so well. I love how there's more contrast in the blocks in the painting than in the reference photo.
ReplyDelete