Final Painting - Gabby Hong




Hey guys! Here is my final painting! In this piece, I created a bouquet of balloons, with a brain camouflaged among them. I wanted to use bright, vivacious colors to give this piece a cheery feeling. There is a deep blue background like a picturesque, cloudless sky. Among the balloons, there is a brain, imitating the balloons around it. I wanted the brain to be obviously there, but not particularly noticeable at first glance, to suggest a sense of uneasiness before the viewer might fully realize its origin. To suggest that the brain is different from the other balloons, its string has hints of pink, instead of being just black and white like the other strings.

For this painting, I was working off of the hard edge prompt, which I really embraced for the transitions between the different objects and colors. By creating such hard edges between the different elements, it added a certain realistic quality to an impossible image.

Comments