Final Painting Sarajane Smith


Hey guys! For my final painting, I decided to go with the theme 'digital culture'. I was inspired by the work of Amy Yoes and Benjamin Edwards, more specifically their layering of elements to create a sort of collage on the edges of their paintings. For this painting I wanted to represent the time in my life when I first realized just how important technology is in our lives, so I chose to include nostalgic elements and utilized the layering technique to represent stickers from my childhood to create this fun piece. I used a photo of Paris Hilton's blackberry as a reference because when I was younger, that was the epitome of technology; all I ever wanted was to own a bedazzled sliding-keyboard cellphone. I hope when viewers see this painting they reminisce on the early to mid-2000s and feel as much nostalgia as I did when creating this piece. It's a 24in x 36in acrylic painting with stick-on gems.



Comments