Shelby Jorgensen Final Portfolio


      Hi guys! These are the final images of all three of my finished works from this semester. They are a continuation of skylines that I began last year. I had finished the previous semester. Each of these scenes are from pictures I’ve taken around my hometown in Colorado. They both celebrate and memorialize the area and time that I was there. I tend to use a combo of palette knives and normal brush work to give a strong sense of movement and add something to the original photo. I hope to immerse my viewer and also bring a bit of melancholy for a time and place that no longer exists. I would also like to subtly call attention to elements of climate change and the ever-present aspect of time passing into my work. In each work there is a focus on bright energetic colors and a dark static foreground.
    Each of my pieces are about 4'x3' and are named after the place the scene I took the original image from. The first is "Highway 66", the second is "Granby", and the final is "Nelson Road". 









Comments